Thursday 30 January 2020

A little party never killed anyone...

Having a B-day party for adults can get kind of boring or routine these days. With a little help from my friends and a B-day coming up, I decided to throw a Murder Mystery Party (dress to impress). There are plenty of options to choose from these days, but with this being a new year and 2020 I thought what better way to bring back the roaring 20's!! So, with that in mind...I choose a 1920's speakeasy theme called "Murder at the Juice Joint" purchased from (www.nightofmystery.com). I'm excited to turn my house into a speakeasy for the night. With borrowed crystal from my mother in law aka "the crystal queen" and some proper party planning I am almost ready to start decorating and getting the house in order. With pearls, streamers, balloons and a few feather boa's later we can start to see the transformation coming to light. Oil lamps, candles,1920's jazz band music playing, a few added seating areas and champagne it should be a "killer" party!

Of course no murder mystery party is complete with out a mugshot photobooth set up (Since I already have the props for that, from my disney mugshot series). we have 12 participants with this party, 1 person dies...while the rest of us try to figure out who did it. I tried to keep the theme as 1920's as possible with the menu items, decorations, music and mood lighting. Wish me luck as this all gets started...party is Feb. 8th so I'm almost there.

The website above provides you with everything you will need, from party invitations, menu/drink list (all customizable), the mugshot sign, everyone's character info including objectives to be done and how to dress for the part, the solution (who dies and who did it), evidence files and extra things are included like box labels to print out and glue to empty boxes to put next to the door so it looks like you have had shipments of liquor being delivered, old wanted posters of gangsters, old liquor labels for bottles, signed/autographed headshots from people who have visited the "Juice Joint" over the years of prohibition. Remember, we are just a book club not a speakeasy...also the password to enter is...Giggle Water. No snitches allowed!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dollhouse Miniatures

    My Own Little World   Welcome to my very special little home where many happy times have been had by myself and quite a few visitors.......