Monday 18 May 2020

Vinyl records paintings

Hello everyone. I am sure most of you have seen a gramophone vinyl records in your lives. That round black thing that revolves nicely on the gramophone while a needle moves rhythmically on it. Remember!!
 My grandpa has a lot of them. As he doesn't play music on it since years I thought to use them as a canvas for my paintings.
My main concern was how to fill the gap that was just in the center but grandma said let it be as it is. So it will be easy to hang on a nail. 🙂

To my utter surprise recently I found out that it's actually an art form and there are various genius artists, already, doing it.

While most artists opt for traditional canvases, Russian painter Feliks Kaparchuk uses old vinyls to render his vivid landscape paintings. His unconventional choice of circular canvas creates the illusion of observing nature through a porthole window. From electric sunsets to sparkling Northern Lights, each awe-inspiring scene captures the magnificent beauty of Mother Nature. The painting on top is one of his excellent work. A few more examples


Each stunning piece of vinyl art captures the magnificent beauty of Mother Nature.
courtesy( read more)


Simply apply a few coats of paint to your record to coordinate it with any room in your home. For a clean, white canvas, you should apply primer before you begin painting. The primer will also fill in some of the record's deep grooves and give you a smoother surface.Water or oil-based primers and paints both work well. However, the water-based latex paints tend to be easier to clean up and they also tend to be more economically priced. You can mount these vibrant art pieces up on your wall as an art-deco design.

I hope you enjoyed the thread. Let's share a few more nice pieces of vinyl records paintings.

Have a good day. Please recommend ♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dollhouse Miniatures

    My Own Little World   Welcome to my very special little home where many happy times have been had by myself and quite a few visitors.......